Oatmeal mask is excellent for calming an irritated skin. Fresh Aloe Vera gel is just amazing on sunburn and insect bites. Tea tree oil is well known for its effectiveness as anti bacterial and anti fungal treatment.
Using raw/natural "foods" on the skin can provide some calming, perhaps conditioning and soothing effects. However when it comes to serious results, skin rejuvenation and anti-aging, sadly, there is very little in your fridge or pantry that would make a dramatic difference.
This is when you do need the big guns. Intelligently formulated professional skin care products with proven effective ingredients and in excellent delivery systems can make a real difference. Look for ingredients such as:
- stabilized form of vitamin C for collagen production, healing and brightening
- vitamin A (retinol) for reversing sun damage
- glycolyc acid for skin resurfacing
- salicylic acid for decongesting and unclogging
- skin conditioning agents such as essential fatty acids (omega 3) and hyaluronic acid
- potent antioxidants such as white and green tea extracts
- cell communicating ingredients such as niacinamide for rejuvenation and pigmentation
- powerful peptides for collagen synthesis and wrinkles
Putting food and raw food on the face may hydrate and soften and gently exfoliate the skin but will not be very effective for more serious problems such as acne, pigmentation and wrinkles unless of course you include them in your diet!
But a word of warning: natural substances placed directly on the skin can cause skin irritation or worse. In fact they are more likely to do so than skin care ingredients formulated specifically for topical application and tested (on human skin) to be safe.
Every skin is different, and just because someone has used an egg white or a strawberry mask and found it terrific, another person can get a bad rash from it. Its best to do a patch test before putting anything on the face that you have not used before, especially if it's "natural". Just because you can eat it does not mean its safe for the skin topically. And vice versa :)
Do you have any comments you would like to add to this article? Feel free to post your comments below.
Was this article useful? Never miss the latest FREE blog updates! Get instant access: http://thebeautybusinessau.blogspot.com.au/p/blog-page.html
Have a beautiful day!